Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Tokarev TT

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM

Default Yugo Tok questions

I have a Romanian TTC and love it. Very reliable - and accurate when I do my part. I do find the pointing a bit odd, but I'm getting used to it.

Anyway, I'm considering getting the Yugo version as well. The safety looks much better and seems like it might actually function and be usable - unlike the awful add-on safety slapped onto the Romanian.

Other than the high price of additional mags for the 9 round Yugo are there any down sides to this variant?

Is the quality generally the same?

Are the common parts (barrel, slide stop, trigger, springs, hammer assembly) interchangeable?

Thanks for any advice.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

The Yugo is the better design of the US import TT33s. No add ons
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Default Safety

I've been assuming that the slide lock safety on the Yugo is original. Is this correct?

I've read other boards and some think they are import add-ons.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:57 AM

no, no, no.....ALL the safeties on tokarevs imported into the US are add ons. The yugo's did not factory produce the safety, it was added for import: its just the best design so far us collectors have been given.

By the way, J&G has yugo's again with spare mags.......
Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
no, no, no.....ALL the safeties on tokarevs imported into the US are add ons. The yugo's did not factory produce the safety, it was added for import: its just the best design so far us collectors have been given.

By the way, J&G has yugo's again with spare mags.......
Zastava did install the safety on M57/M70A handguns prior to importation. All new production (9mm) M57/M70A Toks have no safety except those bound for the US market. So in a sense, yes, it is a factory safety-it was just and add on. Set up like those of the M8/88A. The non US import guns use the 'half cock' to lock the hammer and trigger out....
Old 09-12-2010, 05:05 AM

Wow, J&G is including a spare mag!

My C&R license just came in the mail too....

Thanks for info on the safety. Its definitely the best looking safety. And nice to hear it was at least installed by the manufacturer even if not original to the design.

I just watched a vid from another thread showing hundreds of original Toks being destroyed as scrap metal. The horror... the horror...

Last edited by ComradeKronstadt; 09-12-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 PM

Default Yugo Toks

Trust me, you will enjoy the Yugo version very much. I have three (3) of them and they are addictive. I also have three (3) CZ-52's, a Chinese, a Romanian, and a Polish Tok. They are fantastic weapons, and the cheap ammo is a strong plus. Take Care and Have Fun.
Book of Armaments (chapter 2 verses 9-21). "And Saint Atilla raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, O' LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow Thine enemy to tiny bits in Thy mercy. First shall thou take out the Holy Pin. Then thou shall count to three. No more. No less. Then lobbest thou thy Holy Handgrenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it”.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 AM

did not really notice one of the big question answered or maybe it was. are any of the common parts interchangeable or is it totally a standalone redesign cuz been thinking about getting a second one to trick out to go along with the one I've been working on, and of course the yugo mag prices scare the shit out of my but I do like the extra round in the yugo.

Romy TT-33C , Russian M44 Hex , Polish P64, CZ82 and 83. CZ75b Omega
Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 AM

well, I do not believe the firing pins are interchangeable: different design in the yugo. The extractor should be. The hammer group should be. The trigger should be. Magazine release should be.......But thats all. I believe the slides should be interchangeable.....

I'd just buy two. I think they will last for a long time, I intend to buy 1 more eventually......
Old 10-30-2010, 11:02 AM

I'd also add that one of the ones I got from j&g is BRAND NEW. Barrel looks like it was made yesturday, the hammer group feels CRISP, everything is tight. No scratches from the takedown clip on the frame, which means it has not been removed since assembly......I really love the tok......