Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Rifle Discussion > Mosin-Nagant

Old 11-16-2018, 01:27 PM

Default Beat Up Mosin's Now Going For $469.95 !!

Never thought I'd live to see the day. And they're round receiver Ishevsk's. I paid $69.95 For Hex Receiver Tula's with all the accessories just a few years ago.

http://www.jgsales.com/mosin-nagant-...-p-102449.html

Old 01-11-2019, 07:06 PM

I worked in a gun shop that dealt in military surplus a lot. We would order you anything in the catalogue for $40 over cost and if somebody ordered something interesting we might order one for the rack, too. I had some really nice nagants that are all gone now. [long period of unemployment]

I remember going to gunshows and dealers would have barrels of nagants to choose from for $50.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:38 PM
Trusted Comrade

I picked up my first 91/30 for $99 with the usual accessories. Sure, it was a common round receiver but these days that same rifle is easily $250+.

Figuring the last Mosin was made in 1965, I'm surprised it took this long for their prices to go up. Of course the fact that +/-37 million were made was a factor, but I suspect we'll not see prices go anywhere from up from here.

I'm glad I have a crate full of them!
Old 01-19-2019, 10:47 AM
Founding Member

The good old days of $50 Mosin Nagants are behind us.. same for the Nagant revolvers... stunned by what those are bringing now. Cost more than a Smith and Wesson J frame...Whoof.