Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > 2nd Amendment Issues and Discussion

Old 09-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Founding Member

Default Frein Hunt reaches two week mark

This is a pretty big deal up here in PA, this is about two hours north of me.

They have over 400 cops searching the woods for him, choppers, dogs, thermal, night vision, scopes, roadblocks, but so far nothing despite authorities being confident they have him somewhat surrounded.

The suspect is really into Serbian military stuff and reenacting. Obviously gives AK owners a bad name- he apparently shot the two state troopers with a Saiga .308.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/25...g-with-police/
Old 09-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Trusted Comrade

I can't imagine why someone would be a Serbian military re-enactor. For one, they've been getting the short end of the stick since the first battle of the Field of Black Birds.

Plus, making yourself that easy to track is plain insane - then again the guy's probably got a more than few screws loose.

Reminds me of awhile back when a Nazi re-enactor was shot to death in a mall in Washington "in uniform." Just plain sad and weird.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Founding Member

He is going on almost three weeks in the woods with the cops searching for him.

They just found some pipe bombs he discarded or dropped while fleeing. He apparently isn't trying to engage the state police yet, just evading. I thought by now he would have started up sniping.