Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols

Old 06-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Founding Member

Default RPG 7

There really is not a good place to put this but I thought you all might enjoy a good read on the RPG 7.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/pdf/RPGDec06.pdf

Last edited by Gopguy; 06-02-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Founding Member

GOP thanks for sharing!

RPG-7s go along with AKs like beer and ice, although they are not common here in the US (nor exactly "street legal"). There is something aesthetically pleasing about them- they are both sleek and menacing. You don't get that same look with a LAW or WWII bazooka.

You can get de-milled ones. I'm not sure I'd throw down this much coin on it, but imagine how great this would look for a photo op with the AK collection:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=172116294

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pix4160552140.jpg (22.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

You do know what the definintion of "not common here is the US" means right? It means Gop has two or three in his collection maybe more. All unfired, new in box...he paid 100.00 for each back in 1981. Think I'm kidding...just wait a day or two...he'll dig them out and post pics for all of us to drool over.

Gop...never leave this site...we'll track you down and make you contribute against your will

"There are no restrictions on the First Amendment when trying to restrict the Second Amendment" Tim Inwood, Buckeye Firearms Association.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Default Speaking of RPG''s

Thought you guys might like this.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 689193vm0.jpg (102.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by mojo00; 06-03-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
You do know what the definintion of "not common here is the US" means right? It means Gop has two or three in his collection maybe more. All unfired, new in box...he paid 100.00 for each back in 1981. Think I'm kidding...just wait a day or two...he'll dig them out and post pics for all of us to drool over.
Oh how I hate to disappoint my friend Cooks128, I don't have an RPG in the vault, but I did get to train on one in my wild and wooly youth. They are quite impressive. Not as handy as the LAW but there again you can reuse these.

I also don't have a DSHK or even one of the new semi auto PKs...

Here is additional material on the RPG 7

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2521973/RPG7-Rocket-Launcher

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1101708/posts

Quote:
Gop...never leave this site...we'll track you down and make you contribute against your will
Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Founding Member

With the steady need for RPGs with our Iraqi and Afghan armies, apparently a US company is now producing them:

http://airtronic.net/datasheets/airtronicrpg7.pdf

I am not sure if Aitronic has the official contact for RPGs- you'd think we'd give it to Bulgaria to sure up political and financial ties. I know we buy AKs for the Iraqi army through Bulgaria (very cheap too I might aid).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20090503214008.jpg (88.7 KB, 74 views)
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Soviet Steel Moderator

The Soviets are great at making simple but effective weapon platforms that can be produced in the millions.

I never really got the fire once and throw away concept the US took with man portable anti-tank weapons after WWII.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
With the steady need for RPGs with our Iraqi and Afghan armies, apparently a US company is now producing them:

http://airtronic.net/datasheets/airtronicrpg7.pdf

Now that has to irritate the &^%$ out of the Russians, I LOVE IT. LOL

Ironic that with all the anti gun laws in Illinois and they still don't have concealed carry, that so many gun and weapon makers build their business in the land of Lincoln.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Founding Member

A really riveting ambush scene with an RPG is "Clear and Present Danger"- they use Chinese Type 69s (their copy of the RPG-7) to destroy the front and back of a CIA convoy on a narrow Bogota street, then rake the trapped SUVs with AKs from roof tops.

If you read the Clancy book or saw the movie, it was not a good day for the CIA:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPG-7.jpg (56.5 KB, 62 views)
Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM

I got to fire one back in the mid 90s on a range at Aberdeen proving grounds. Much more power than the LAW and a lot more accurate. I destroyed an old 113 APC. They are heavy.