Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols

Old 08-14-2012, 05:01 AM

Default Replica DSHk

Gents
Iam chasing a gas firing replica for the DSHk to go on the MTLBu...any ideas. We are not allowed to import de activated firearms, so it must be a replica.
Cheers
Troy
Old 08-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Where are you at??
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
Where are you at??
"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM

As the song says Australia, we can have replicas......but no deactivated guns (parts are OK). Iam after one to mount on the MTLBu. Are there any places in the US to purchase the gas kits?? Got quoted 750 GBP just for a kit!
Cheers
Troy
Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Founding Member

I was going to say- rusmilitary has perfect de-acts but that won't fly. It would be interesting to hear what Aussie law is on deactivated vs replica.

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/dshk_hmg.htm

You'd have to get a parts kit- but just the barrel is going to cost you a lot. But then again, if you can buy, renovate, and fuel an armored carrier like that you probably have some cash sitting around.

Sounds lame, but I wasn't sure if they made an airsoft version?

I'd just mount a potato gun, you could launch a few Fosters.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 PM

The laws in Australia stink! We are not allowed to own de ac's of any sort as people down here have in the past re activated them and therefore crapped in everyone's nest. De ac DSHk from Poland is $400 Aussie dollars (about the same US) and would be the cheaper and ideal option for a gas firing replica. Getting someone to build one here.....nigh on impossible and probabley hideously expensive. LOL as for money, Iam now skint, the fellow that was supposed to do the work, 1/2 paid for the vehicles( out of my money) instead of fully, didn't buy the parts and I have had to pay for them twice, total damage about $70,000 Aust, with frieght another $20,000. I have just OK a renovated BRDM-2 as well....so the piggy bank is just about broken. importing parts maybe an option.
Cheers
Troy
PS potato guns are illegal in Australia...see what you fellas have to look forward to when the anti-gun nut jobs get their pathetic way
Old 08-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Trusted Comrade

Good luck,i would like to have one too.