Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols

Old 07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default PPS-43 good price?

Is this a good price on a PPS-43? http://www.classicarms.us/
its the 3rd gun down the list
Old 07-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Trusted Comrade

i really want one now lol but only if the stock can unfold. that website says the stock doesnt move but i wonder if i can make it unfold. let me be clear.... i would pay the $200 for the tax stamp to make it legal.

Last edited by kroenen85; 07-08-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Trusted Comrade

another thing im wondering is its ability in combat. is it a good weapon for combat. i know the 7.62x25 round is pretty good, but ball ammo sucks. i kinda like the idea of it using the same rounds as my TOK, but the only rounds available in bulk for cheap is ball ammo. Hmm tough decition.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Founding Member

It's the dealers price and fair, you would have to have your FFL holder look into it and quote you a delivered price. People are doing the SBR paper work on these, paying their tax and modifying the guns. As far as for fighting it would be a short range arm, 100 yards would be pushing the efficacy of the round and you are limited by the primitive sights on the gun.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:05 PM

You can read plenty about the 7.62x25 round on this forum.

Basically, the advantage of the ball ammo is that combined with the high charged bottle-necked cartridge the Soviets had a light fast round that was highly penetrative. It could make it through thick German winter clothing and gear.

It's also been shown to penetrate light modern body armor and some kevlar helmets.

So, the efficacy of this round really depends on how and where your self-defense situation is likely to take place.

Lots of neighbors and houses nearby? Then its not a good choice in my opinion. Over penetration is a concern.

Open area? Rural home? Field of fire with light cover and obstructions? Clearing Leningrad of Krauts? It's a small caliber champ at close and low-medium ranges.

That being said Wolf makes HPs in this caliber for about $20 for a 50 round box give or take. I keep some of this in one of my Tokarev pistols for occasional carry in certain situations.

But I'm suspect of this HP's ability to expand and very little testing has been done. In a crowded environment there are better choices for calibers in a carry weapon.

Personally, I see it as fun and historical gun to blast away with some cheap surplus.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Trusted Comrade

yea this gun has a serious cool factor but doesnt really fit my needs i think. i am replacing my old bolt guns with semi autos worthy of WW3. would like to get a PSL or PKM, or SVT-40 but there all out of my price range. found some in canada for dirt cheap. but no gun store around here will import them
Old 07-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Soviet-Steel Moderator Team

centerfire has them in stock for 269.99 with one mag
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Thats a great price, but I already have one. Still at that price I might get another.