Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > Handguns

Old 06-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default Canik TP9sf

What do you all think of this bad boy? Picked it up today, along with another AR.

I got this pistol for 349 + tax, and I cannot believe how much stuff those Turks put in there with the pistol! I gave it a quick cleaning/once over, and the thing is built to the hilt! Taking it and the new AR to the range in the morning. Like I needed another pistol or AR-15, but I could not pass on these prices. The rifle I bought is an Armalite.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:55 PM

Recently acquired a TP9 SF Elite. Loving it. Got a Galco pancake style holster, the XD9/VP9 one, and it fits and works perfectly. Great guns and the best value in a handgun today.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
Recently acquired a TP9 SF Elite. Loving it. Got a Galco pancake style holster, the XD9/VP9 one, and it fits and works perfectly. Great guns and the best value in a handgun today.
I can't believe how well I shoot this pistol! Gives my G19 a serious run for it's money....at least in my hands. Thanks for the tip on the other holster options too.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosintoter View Post
I can't believe how well I shoot this pistol! Gives my G19 a serious run for it's money....at least in my hands. Thanks for the tip on the other holster options too.
The trigger makes for a sweet shooting gun, no doubt about it. Best striker fired trigger on the market, IMHO. I'd take it over the Glock every time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4046.jpg (94.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
The trigger makes for a sweet shooting gun, no doubt about it. Best striker fired trigger on the market, IMHO. I'd take it over the Glock every time.
Nice carry rig.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosintoter View Post
Nice carry rig.
Thx!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Founding Member

Been tempted but have not picked up a Canik yet.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:28 PM
Founding Member

I was with fellow Steel member Echobradley at the Goodman Show in Cincinnati last weekend and found the TP9SA version. Desert sand color, in box, 3 magazines and holster. $300 for a lightly used gun seemed fair. Shoots well and thus far is reliable with a variety of loads. Tore it down and appears to be a quality build. Impressive pistol for the money.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post
I was with fellow Steel member Echobradley at the Goodman Show in Cincinnati last weekend and found the TP9SA version. Desert sand color, in box, 3 magazines and holster. $300 for a lightly used gun seemed fair. Shoots well and thus far is reliable with a variety of loads. Tore it down and appears to be a quality build. Impressive pistol for the money.
I have the TP9sf model, and it does shoot great. Mine is the FDE color as well. The trigger is great and the sights are good too. I shoot the gun well, and it holds a bucket-O-bullets.

I am on a Canik forum, and there is one fly in the ointment with the Caniks....they have a MIM firing pin, and they can be problematic. Most seem to be just fine, but a couple of the guys on that forum have had some issues.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:17 AM
Founding Member

That is a pretty annoying issue but should be an easy fix.