Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > Handguns

Old 12-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Founding Member

Default First Generation Glock 17

Never really thought much about Glocks as anything special but some friends have begun collecting them. I still have the two I bought way back in the late 80s and have used them pretty hard over the years.

This is one of two first Gen Glock 17s I have. Along with some other accouterments I had on hand. I know there are a couple mag pouches around but have not seen them since our move to the new house. Still in an unopened packing box somewhere no doubt. I have used this and the other a lot over the last 28 years. I have lost count on the rounds through it. Never failed me until I went to Front Sight with a buddy 15 years ago. They suggested we bring a back up gun, at first I was not going to since neither had given me an issue but I knew Murphy's Law would kick in at some point. I am glad I took both of the guns. First day one developed an extractor issue and the other broke it's trigger return spring... swapped the uppers and used the Frankengun for the rest of the class. Final day the armorer came back to FS and fixed the guns for me. Not given me an issue since...still shoot great. Perfection, no but not bad.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Founding Member

An early Glock 21, .45acp with rig I used to use ages ago.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Founding Member

I don't own any Glocks, and the only one I would consider owning would be a first gen 17 like the one you posted. As always, GOP, your collection is inspiring!
Old 12-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Founding Member

Thanks TX.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:58 PM
Trusted Comrade

Wow, I'm impressed. Don't see too many Gen 1 guns around.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Founding Member

The other one looks just like it so I did not include it. However its slightly later and the box did not have the cartridge holder. There is a Glock Collectors Association. They were set up at the NRA Convention in Indy last year and actually won some medals for their displays. Sadly the shots I took of those guns last year are on my old computer that died last year.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

I never really thought about collecting glocks...although I have a second, third, and forth gen 19s and 17s.