Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols

Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Founding Member

Default Gift from my nephew, piece off a ZU-23

We don't really have a place for Soviet artillery pieces, so I am sticking this in here.

My nephew is a Army Captain who recently returned from his tour in Afghanistan. He was up in Cincinnati visiting family over the weekend and kindly remembered to bring his old uncle a souvenir. He correctly surmised in my day we did not have time to souvenir hunt. lol

He was in an old Soviet tank boneyard and found a ZU-23 sitting in there. He pried this plate off of it for me. I knew some of you lads would enjoy seeing it.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Trusted Comrade

That was nice of him
Old 06-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Founding Member

He's a good guy and I am very proud of him. If we had a few million more like him the country would be in great shape.

The one odd thing about this conflict has been our ability to stay so in touch with those in the field. To get an email several times a week or in real time as you are on the computer at the same time. What people would have given for this ability in the past.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Trusted Comrade

That's one to put in with the "collection" of ComBloc parts and pieces. Pretty cool!