Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Nagant M1895 Revolvers

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Founding Member

Default Imperial Nagant gas seal

Here is my Imperial era 1910 dated 1895 Nagant Gas Seal revolver. Wish this one could talk...

There is quite a bit about these Czarist era revolvers here.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...agant-Revolver

Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Founding Member

Tits!
Just bought a 1909 based partially on information in your link.
Thanks Gopguy.

Last edited by alphashifter; 02-09-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Founding Member

Hey glad to be of help. Part of the passion is sharing the knowledge. Romanov era revolvers are somewhat hard to find, I look forward to seeing the pics when you get them up.

"God save the Czar!"
Old 02-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post
Hey glad to be of help. Part of the passion is sharing the knowledge. Romanov era revolvers are somewhat hard to find, I look forward to seeing the pics when you get them up.

"God save the Czar!"
Ah... history that goes bang. Rasputin, and the Romanovs are one of the most interesting stories of history, coupled with the rumors of Anastatia.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Founding Member

All killed in Ekaterinburg in the Urals. Anastasia's remains were found and identified. It was a fascinating and tragic era...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/in...ei-identified/
Old 02-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post
All killed in Ekaterinburg in the Urals. Anastasia's remains were found and identified. It was a fascinating and tragic era...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/in...ei-identified/
Wow, I missed that. Not sure how? Everybody was pretty sure it was a rumor but when something like that happens people will cling to any hope there is.

If I recall correctly he was unaware of what was happening until he got there... Could you imagine being summoned with your entire family to a room and getting there only to realize you are about to be assasinated... couldn't even begin to comprehend what that would be like. Than the hemophelia, and the rumors of Catherines death due to beasility with a horse... i'm pretty sure I was taught that as fact in school, and just read that it was a stroke and there is no basis about the horse killing her in the act of intercourse.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Founding Member

That was the rumor, Cat was a wild thing, fun date at a minimum. LOL I always enjoyed Robert K. Massie's works on the Romanovs. They were distant cousins of mine so the history interests me.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Founding Member

I see. Fun date is right ha... she must have had quite the reputation back then. Currently i'm reading about the loss of wetlands outside of Louisana, Bayou Farewell... good book. May have to pick something up on the Romanov's, and check out a few other recommendations you have suggested.

I think we should start a thread on firearm related books/history, suggestions and reviews of ones people have read. I wonder if we have enough readers to keep that going though... I know you've recommended more than a few, i'm pretty sure others have as well. I love history and I assume that affinity is shared by others in this forum ergo their choice in firearms.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Founding Member

I read a lot, I have six, six foot by three foot book shelves filled with primarily gun and history books. I often have problems sleeping, so I sit up at night and read.

Here is a better shot of her acceptance stamp. These Romanov Eagles changed often and the 1910 is not seen much. I don't think Joe had on the gunboards Nagant forum, until I sent him this one.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Founding Member

Business end of an Imperial 1895.