Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > 2nd Amendment Issues and Discussion

Old 01-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default Obama's EA

Well, here we go again. This turd of a president is supposed to sign his new gun control EA's this coming week. One of the crap-rag Liberal news papers, in our area, had it all over their front page like it was a revelation from God.

These bastards.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Founding Member

There are those amongst us who voted for him, thank them too.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Founding Member

The Tyrant acts.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...e-and-make-our
Old 01-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Trusted Comrade

I read the link GOPGuy posted and a lot of it is future tense. No one has posted a clear explanation of what is or is not happening and I need to work on reading comprehension for the LSAT, so might as well give it a whack with this...

First two paragraphs: White House claims there have been more than 100,000 deaths from "gun violence" in the past decade. I find that hard to believe considering that there's 3.84 shooting deaths p/100,000 in Massachusetts every year (using Mass since it has some of the worst gun laws in the country, Boston and many run down former industrial cities like New Bedford, Fall River, Springfield, Lowell, etc.). There were 309,349,689 people in the US as of the 2010 census. So 309,349,689 divided by 100,000 = a factor of 3093.5 rounded. 3093.5 x 3.84 = 11879.04 x 10 years = 118,790.4 deaths using Massachusetts as the example from 1995 to 2015 and using the 2010 census.

Only problem with that is that Massachusetts is one of the "safest" and wealthiest states in the country and most states are supposed to have much higher death by shooting rates. So someone somewhere is cooking the books - they're adding in suicides, which counts for 2/3 to 3/4. If you multiply 118,790.4 by .65 then subtract, a more realistic answer is 41,576.64, which is obviously a lot less than the "more than 100,000" the White House mentioned. You can't pass a law or sign an EO to prevent suicides.

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/10/gun...hs-and-crimes/

http://www.providencejournal.com/art...nion/306299968

https://mises.org/blog/few-gun-laws-...e-safer-canada

#1: "Keep guns out of the wrong hands through background checks." - The FBI "will" hire 230 more NICS examiners. Doesn't say by when, how much they'll cost, how long it'll take to train them or where they'll work. There's also going to be rules changes for buying things via a trust and they may re-define what constitutes engaging in business when buying or selling guns, i.e. the two pistols a week (I think) rule on 4473s, a waiting period, etc. Technically anyone who engages in the business of buying and selling already needs a FFL.

#2: "Make our communities safe from gun violence." - They want to hire 200 ATF agents "to help enforce our gun laws." Or to shoot up ranchers who cross the BLM... Something something domestic violence dark side. May also force dealers to notify the police if guns are lost/stolen in transit.

#3: "Increasing mental health treatment and reporting to the background check system." - The White House wants to spend $500 million on increasing access to mental health care. Doesn't say where the money will come from. They do mention Social Security so this may be the infamous situation where if someone puts their finances or other powers in the hands of someone else and gets SS, then either guns or SS will be confiscated.

#4: "Shape the future of gun safety technology." - DOD, DOJ, DHS will look into "gun safety technology." If the private sector hasn't come up with an effective electronic gun yet, I doubt a governmental department will.

After that:
  • People who engage in online sales or gun show sales and are running a business will need a FFL. Doesn't explain what constitutes running a business.
  • "Quantity and frequency of sales are relevant indicators. There is no specific threshold number of firearms purchased or sold that triggers the license requirement."
  • They're going to make background checks (4473s?) mandatory for buying/selling of NFA weapons.
  • The "Fix NICS" thing.
  • "Ensure smart and effective enforcement of our gun laws." I find that funny since most of the time, prosecutors throw on gun charges to help get a plea bargain. But this may result in more self-defense shootings being prosecuted.
  • The ATF is going to invest $4 billion in the NIBIN database, which is supposed to link ballistics to crimes. In other words, piss $4 billion down the toilet.
  • The ATF established an "Internet Investigations Center" which is supposed to track online sales. Like Leland Yee? Like him?

There's more but at that point it gets repetitive.
“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”

– John Adams
Old 01-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

The biggest problem is with this 'mental health' crap and roving background checks. It has the potential to deny a person the RIGHT to own a firearm without DUE PROCESS! That is serious.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
The biggest problem is with this 'mental health' crap and roving background checks. It has the potential to deny a person the RIGHT to own a firearm without DUE PROCESS! That is serious.
Bingo! That is the ONE thing about all this stupid Obama EA, that bothered me the most. It really opens the "back door" to a lot of us being investigated or denied our gun ownership rights, especially if you piss off some doctor somewhere.

Less than one year left with this one...damn sure going to do my part to make sure we don't get his replacement!