Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Rifle Discussion > SKS (Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova)

Old 12-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Trusted Comrade

Awesome vid Max!
Old 12-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer-trash View Post
Awesome vid Max!
It was fun, but probably more fun for the kid I let shoot it next!

By the way, although you cannot see it, the practice grenade buried itself into that mound at the end of the range, hence the reaction by everyone!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:16 PM

My love affair with the SKS is still fairly new. A Chinese Type 56 CJA import that's been around the block a few times and an unissued Yugo 59/66.

The Type 56 had an issue with a popped primer that broke the firing pin. That's one issue in a few thousand rounds. And...get this...it would still fire with the broken pin until the rifle got hot. How can you not love a rifle that will play through an injury?

The Yugo is a fairly new acquisition. Sold a Mosin sniper repro to help fund that purchase. The Yugo is a thing of beauty...very accurate, very reliable (so far). I'm now on the prowl for one or two of those M68 practice grenades so I can put the launcher through it's paces.

Would I buy another SKS for the collection? If I ran across a Russian model in good shape at a fair price, I'd probably buy. But, sadly, my collection will never grow to ten...I like being married.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:14 PM

i have always liked the sks since i saw my first one back in 1969.my company CO offered a "bring back" to anyone who wanted one(we had uncovered a cache of them up around the DMZ.we got to fam fire them.the triggers took forever to break.i would later learn that that was a type of "safety"done to curb accidental discharges when private duc long dong might be goofing around while sweating out a b52 raid on uncle ho's trail.i always regret not getting one.made up for that missed chance one the last 40 plus years.have a couple very nice Norincos and a very rare rumanian.i love shooting them.have never had a problem with any of them.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:17 PM

should be rOmanian
'one" should be "over" the old eyes aint what they used to be
Old 01-14-2018, 02:52 PM
Trusted Comrade

I still wish I had my Norinco and Yugo. About six or so years ago, I sold them both....such a stupid move.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:20 PM

Default Yup

the first 'military style' weapon I bought was a Chinese sks about 20 yrs ago. Well, many different rifles later, this past weekend I took an sks out to the 'back 40'. What an awesome rifle!! Perfect balance of weight, durability, stability, cartridge and accuracy. Easily my favorite weapon. I will go as far as to refer to it as the '30-30' lever action of the mid-twentieth century.