Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > 2nd Amendment Issues and Discussion

Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default TX and OC

I can't fathom why Texas prides itself for it's 2A rights, yet you can't open carry a pistol in TX and you can't carry in a place where 51% of income comes from booze. Especially when I look at New England carry laws - for the most part, as long as you have a permit, there's very few places that you can't carry in and I never see no-guns-allowed signs, and they don't have force of law (except for Fed buildings/schools/courts).

I also don't see any reason why gun owners can be against open carry. I've always felt that once you've got the permit, you should always carry, so you should carry in any way you feel comfortable.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Trusted Comrade

I found that kinda odd myself, I didn't even know about it until a buddy of mine in TX told me about the Open Carry Texas protests.
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."

-Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Trusted Comrade

Yeah, don't get it either, especially coming from Texas. You would think there would be a lot of cowboys carrying SAA's around.