Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > The Exclusion Zone > Steel Lounge

Old 02-17-2018, 08:06 PM
Founding Member

Default It's been awhile..

Hello again, my friends. It has been many moons since I've been on this forum and I just want to shout out to my fellow enthusiasts. Life has gotten in the way of this hobby and as a result it has been far too long since I've burned any ammo. Io give you an idea, I have obtained a C & R FFL (almost two years now) and not used it YET! Sad, yes? I am curious how many other members here have gotten a C & R license and if so has it helped your enjoyment of the shooting hobby?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:51 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_oil View Post
Hello again, my friends. It has been many moons since I've been on this forum and I just want to shout out to my fellow enthusiasts. Life has gotten in the way of this hobby and as a result it has been far too long since I've burned any ammo. Io give you an idea, I have obtained a C & R FFL (almost two years now) and not used it YET! Sad, yes? I am curious how many other members here have gotten a C & R license and if so has it helped your enjoyment of the shooting hobby?
Welcome back! I too have badly underutilized my C&R, the last time I renewed it I hadn't even logged a single entry into my ledger book!

Still, I will continue to renew it as much like a gun I would rather have it and not need it than the other way around. It does help even though having a LTC makes purchasing through a FFL pretty easy.

Just to note I did log a Webley Mk I back in December that I purchased locally. While it may not have been necessary as it was a private purchase, at least now I have something in my ledger book!

Cheers! M2
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Trusted Comrade

Yeah, have not seen a post from you in a while! Hello again.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Founding Member

I should but have not...
Old 04-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Soviet Steel Administrator

Hello TX oil,

Long time, no see. Hope you are doing well. Still working the offshore gig?

Simonov
Old 09-07-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_oil View Post
I have obtained a C & R FFL around 8 months back and used just once. Under-utilized, I guess.