Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols > Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols

Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsaw pact View Post
A really riveting ambush scene with an RPG is "Clear and Present Danger"- they use Chinese Type 69s (their copy of the RPG-7) to destroy the front and back of a CIA convoy on a narrow Bogota street, then rake the trapped SUVs with AKs from roof tops.

If you read the Clancy book or saw the movie, it was not a good day for the CIA:
Another fine film with the RPG 7 in a supporting role is The Beast, sometimes labeled The Beast of War. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094716/

Jason Patric plays Konstantin Koverchenko a pissed off Soviet deserter. He spends half the film chasing his former tank commander around with an RPG.
A great film to watch on a cold winters night.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Trusted Comrade

Back when I was in the army I stood next to a AT4 when it fired. The target was about 100 meters away and holy crap the concussion off of the blast nearly knocked me over.