Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Rifle Discussion > SKS (Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova)

Old 06-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Founding Member

Default Need some appraisal help

Hey, folks. I'm trying to help a buddy at work sell his SKS (see also the 91/30 in the M-N section), and I'm looking for help establishing a value. It's a Norinco with Tapco stock, including the original 10 rd mag and the 30 rd that came with the stock package. The metal all appears to be in good shape and the action is smooth. What do you think we could ask?

The AK-47: Designed to be easily field stripped, reassembled, and used by half-drunk, half-frozen, illiterate conscripts. Standard Operating Procedure upon finding one buried in Mother Russia's mud after last year's Regimental exercises: retrieve from ground, pee into action, cycle bolt, and get back to work.

If it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, then choose this day whom you will serve....but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." --Joshua 24:15-16
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Founding Member

The market varies depending on state but a so modified but clean Chi Com around here would bring between $300 to 350 maybe. Not to long ago I picked up a nice Chi Com Pakistani contract for $275 at a show, but it was a good deal.