Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Nagant M1895 Revolvers

Old 10-09-2018, 10:24 PM

Default Please tell me I didn't break my 1916 Nagant 1895

Sigh.....I am sure I did, but just in case....
Bought it online auction and was excited getting it home. Trigger guard and frame serial match, let's check the side panel! Yup! Yahoo! While putting the panel back on the frame, the hammer popped loose. No big deal, just put it back....on the pin....that also came loose with the hammer. Bummer. It doesn't really look like a new clean break, so it must have been somehow kept in place with dirt and grime?

I tried almost everything to line everything back up, but the big spring keeps it from assembling. I watched as many videos I could find, but they are all for the ones with double action and from the 30's and 40's

Maybe someone will say "hey it's supposed to be like that! Assemble it like this..." otherwise I will have to decide sending it to a gunsmith to attach the pin somehow or part it out (which I really don't want to do)

Anyhow, thanks for reading and sharing the pain.