Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Makarov PM (Pistolet Makarova)

Old 10-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Default Recently bought a Russian military Makarov with Bulgarian import mark

Found this Makarov on armslist about 2 weeks ago and as soon as I saw it was a Russian military Makarov I called and bought it. I've been researching Makarovs on and off for a while now and decided it was time to get one. Ended up buying two, first was an unissued Bulgarian and then the Russian. Anyways I only paid $249 for the Russian one but I was wondering what its actually worth. Ive found quite a few Russian Makarovs with no import marks and they have all sold for over $1000. The bluing on the gun is in great shape with only one small mark on it. Any help would be appreciated.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Bulgarian import mark?? Russians passed many of their Maks off through Bulgaria...

What are you trying to show in the pic?? The Plum coloured hammer and safety?? Typical of early Russiam Maks and repaired Russian Maks. I have one of the same series, but the serial is 5467. Looks just like yours.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:42 PM

Sorry I haven't picked the gun up from the dealer yet. I just took this picture to show it was a Russian Makarov. The other side says imported by PW arms from Bulgaria. I was just wondering how much these are worth.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:12 AM

Great deal on the Russian or should you say Soviet since it is a 76 edition. Think that is why atf lists them as curios and relics. Just bought my first, a Bulgarian made in 1988
Old 07-04-2016, 08:49 PM

A "Bulgarian Sneak" Makarov; I have two, both purchased within the past year. The first was a Gunbroker auction when I was wanting to collect a military one from the four countries that made them. I ended up spending about $900 on it. Excellent condition. The second one I picked up 2-3 months ago at a local gun show. The bluing was essentially stripped off of it, but I paid $425 out the door for it. I ended up getting it refinished and it looks great.