Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Took my P64 out to the range last month, first time firing since I have owned it (about 3 years). Was warned by a fried that the recoil was a little on the agressive side couple that with the fact that I was worried that the slide was going to come back acrossthe web of my hand and give me an "owieee", I was a little aprehensive about shooting it. Thus dawning my "you gotta break some eggs to make an omlet" attitude, I loaded up and fired away. Must say, I love it just the way it is! I have only cleaned it, never changed a spring and love the way it runs. My P64 is awesome to carry (wanted a glock 36, but not looking to break the bank), I do need to find a slightly better holster fo it, though.

I do need some input on an issue I did have: I noticed that if I didn't competely release the trigger after firing a shot, as soon as the slide came back into the fully foward position, it would fire another round. Kinda suprises you the first few times! any ideas as to what could cause this?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer-trash View Post
Thanks!
Polish P64 1976
Mosin Nagant Ex-Dragoon 1923. Shiny bore, not rearsenaled stock.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace windew View Post
Took my P64 out to the range last month, first time firing since I have owned it (about 3 years). Was warned by a fried that the recoil was a little on the agressive side couple that with the fact that I was worried that the slide was going to come back acrossthe web of my hand and give me an "owieee", I was a little aprehensive about shooting it. Thus dawning my "you gotta break some eggs to make an omlet" attitude, I loaded up and fired away. Must say, I love it just the way it is! I have only cleaned it, never changed a spring and love the way it runs. My P64 is awesome to carry (wanted a glock 36, but not looking to break the bank), I do need to find a slightly better holster fo it, though.

I do need some input on an issue I did have: I noticed that if I didn't competely release the trigger after firing a shot, as soon as the slide came back into the fully foward position, it would fire another round. Kinda suprises you the first few times! any ideas as to what could cause this?
Bump fire, the single action trigger pull is very light. If you practice enough you'll learn to overcome that.
Polish P64 1976
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBowTies88 View Post
Bump fire, the single action trigger pull is very light. If you practice enough you'll learn to overcome that.
It also seems like the SA pull breaks in the front half of the trigger pull while the DA breaks in the latter half. This seems to be the opposite of every SA/DA gun I have shot where the trigger breaks in the same spot for both.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:21 AM

My gun breaks the same in both DA and SA... are you sure it's breaking in the front half?

I will admit the the trigger is a bit vague in SA mode but after a few hundred rounds you'll kind of get used to it.
Polish P64 1976
Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Thanks RedBowTies88 and FatCat4620,

Glad to know that there isn't something wrong (with the gun, at least.......hahah)! Will keep pounding/torturing targets with it!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Trusted Comrade

Nice pistol, lovin the grips.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Never bump fired the p-64 by mistake, however, i have done it twice with my Springfield XDSC in 9mm and the first time it was pretty shocking. (and the second time for that matter)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:25 AM

Yea it is quite alarming,

I've noticed it's actually a lot more prevelant with the stock mainspring... you're just using so much force to pull the trigger in DA mode that when the gun jumps back under recoil you're body doesn't have enough time to let up the pressure on the trigger and the very light SA pull equals BAM bumpfire.
Polish P64 1976
Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCat4620 View Post
I picked up a P64 today in trade and wanted to post up a pic. Enjoy! Can you guys that already own one fill me in on what I need to know?
Wow, nice! Like the grips.