Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Other Firearms and Related Discussion > 2nd Amendment Issues and Discussion

Old 11-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Founding Member

Default National CCW

Thank God the NRA got into this early, the President elect appreciates that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-to-gun-bans/
Old 11-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Trusted Comrade

I think Trump has a number of good ideas...not just on the gun issues either. This is why I voted for the man.

Have you seen all the ways the Liberals are still trying to nullify his election? The bastards had better not even be able to gain any ground on this. If they tried to reverse this election, I think they would probably finally piss off this county's 100 million registered gun owners.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Trusted Comrade

Do you remember 2008 and 2012 when all the Republicans rioted and protested? Oh yea it didn't happen. Conservative is a nice description of the party. We have had to take it on the chin repeatedly....how's that humble pie Libs?

Seriously though...I am kind of impressed with the Prez elect's first week. He seems to have some good ideas.

He wasn't my choice. But HRC wouldn't EVER be my choice.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:42 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Eehhh, for a National CCW, what would be the price, what would be the qualifications, and what would be the limitations of carry?? A driver's licenses isn't needed to move freely between the states, and a restricted license isn't always valid in other states. CCW is a state issue, not a fed issue. Think about it, you can't carry on any fed installation, CCW or not. Will that change also??
Old 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
Eehhh, for a National CCW, what would be the price, what would be the qualifications, and what would be the limitations of carry?? A driver's licenses isn't needed to move freely between the states, and a restricted license isn't always valid in other states. CCW is a state issue, not a fed issue. Think about it, you can't carry on any fed installation, CCW or not. Will that change also??
In the US, the Driver License Agreement (DLA) requires all states to honor licenses issued by other member states. Why can't the same be done for carry permits? Driving is a privilege, carrying is a right!

And you are incorrect about carrying on Federal installations. Under 18 U.S. Code § 930 carrying in Federal facilities (which is defined as "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties") is prohibited, not installations.

The Post Office has its own laws (Code of Federal Regulations – Title 39) which need to be overturned as well under the 2A.

Trump has said he supports removing all Federal restrictions on gun rights, now we get to see if that support equates action on his part.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

And Dam Neck Annex is a facility, NOB is an installation. You can carry on neither.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
And Dam Neck Annex is a facility, NOB is an installation. You can carry on neither.
Who sold you that BS? Dam Neck Annex is an installation, it is not "a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties" as described by 18 U.S. Code §930.

A Naval Operating Base falls under the same Federal law.

Lackland AFB tries the same thing, they have signs at the gate stating "dangerous weapons are not allowed under 18 U.S. Code §930;" but they cannot enforce that for the entire installation, only facilities.

Most base prohibitions are due to a commander's policy, not Federal Law.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:17 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Dam Neck is located on the Atlantic coast, five miles south of the downtown resort of Virginia Beach. Dam Neck has 3.2 miles of some of the most beautiful beach front in Virginia and covers over 1,100 acres of highlands, marshes, coastal beaches and sand dunes.
You telling me that's a building?!?

From: http://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/cnr...eck_annex.html
Old 11-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

This what I go by...last updated 24AUG16

Places Off - Limits Even With a Permit/License
1. Federal Courthouses *
2. Federal Buildings *
3. Any Building Owed, Leas ed or Rented by the Federal Government. This includes buildings in National Forests which are property of the Federal Government. There is no Federal Law that prohibits carry in National Forests. States control the carrying of firearms in National Forests in their state.
4. Federal Prisons *
5. U.S. Army Corp s of Engineers * The Corps builds and runs flood control and navigation Dams. The Corp s has jurisdiction over the Dam Site and usually all waters backed up by the dam. Carry anywhere on Corps property is illegal. Firearms can be unloaded and secured in a vehicle while on Corps Property.
6. National Cemeteries * CFR Title 38 - PART 1 - 1.218 (a) (13)
7. Military Bases Firearms are forbidden on military bases even unloaded and secured in a vehicle. Carry not allowed. Some have shooting clubs. You can take firearms onto the Base to shoot if allowed by the base . Certain rules/regulations must be met before bringi ng firearms onto a Military Compound. Check at each Military Post for specific rules on Shooting Clubs . See GSA and operation of Federal Buildings Section below. 8. Rented Offices , Any part of any building that the Federal Government has rented for Offic e space or work force etc. Just their offices or the part of the building they have control over. You can carry in the rest of the building if state or local laws allow.
9. . Amtrak * Effective Dec. 2010 Amtrak will have a system in place to check firearms/Ammo in checked ( Amtrak Firearms Policy )
10 . Post Office Postal regulations prohibit the possession of firearms in their buildings and in their par king lots or any property they own. March 2016 the US Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal and affirmed a lower Court ruling that the Post Office could ban firearms in its buildings and parking lot.
11 . Bureau of Land Management * If you can legal ly carry in the state the BLM land is in you can carry on the BLM land. If it is not legal the area will be posted as no firearms allowed. Any building on the BLM land operated by the federal government is considered federal property and carry in those bui ldings is not allowed.
12. Indian Reservations Carry on Indian property is controlled by Tribal Law.

* This includes parking lots adjacent to or part of the facility if the Federal Agency/Entity owns or has control of the parking lot and it is p osted “No Firearms ” . The lot has to be posted under federal law if they do not wish to have firearms present. See law below. Law Stating That All Federal Buildings Must be Posted.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:03 PM
Trusted Comrade

Where exactly did you get that list, especially #7?

I know at least one of those--#4--is inaccurate. On Friday, May 1, 2015, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 2028 the "Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2016," by a bipartisan vote of 240-177. This bill is designed to protect the rights of gun owners on lands owned or managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Corps). This legislation would help end the patchwork of firearm laws and regulations that govern different federal lands managed by different federal agencies...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...land-provision

And I know #7 is not true as Dyass AFB allows vehicle carry...

http://www.dyess.af.mil/News/Article...-vehicles.aspx

Sorry nothing personal but until you list the actual laws I am not convinced. I have already provide the US Code about Federal installations, so please include references for your list.