Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > The Accessory Outfitter > Ammunition and Magazines

Old 01-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Default Is this a good deal on norinco ammo

I just got four boxes of silver or grey box Norinco ammo with head stamp of 71 over 88. I also got two boxes of yellow box steel core norinco. I paid 8.95 a box for all yellow and grey box. They have some more and if its a good deal Ill go get the rest.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Trusted Comrade

I would shoot some first. If 88 means 1988, then it's 28 year old ammo and has been sitting either in the gun shop or in someone's house since then. If it shoots good and has no issues, then $9 per box is about normal for steel cased ammo. It is steel cased, isn't it, or is it brass?
“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”

– John Adams
Old 01-16-2016, 12:43 PM

i just pulled a few, two boxes are steel core. the rest are lead. and yes they are steel case.

Last edited by Rage; 01-16-2016 at 12:44 PM. Reason: changed opened to pulled