Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > The Accessory Outfitter > Ammunition and Magazines

Old 09-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default Baby Eagle Magazines

Okay so I am looking for magazines online for my new baby eagle in .40 S&W. I have read posts saying that CZ-75 MEC-GAR mags will work but I see CZ-75 magazines go from 12 rounds to 17 rounds. the magazines that came with my eagle are 1 ten round and 2 that I can only get 9 rounds into.

So am I correct in assuming that a larger capacity magazines like a 12 or 14 round would work fine but might hang out the bottom of the mag well? The three mags I got with it feel really cheap and only one works correctly. So I would rather go with the higher quality MEC-GAR CZ mags then the ones from magnum research.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

It is a Tanfoglio pistol...Tanfoglio/Witness, Uzi Eagle, and MEC-GAR 941 mags will work. Your factory mags should fit a little loose. IWI uses a goofy follower.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by einheit 13 View Post
It is a Tanfoglio pistol...Tanfoglio/Witness, Uzi Eagle, and MEC-GAR 941 mags will work. Your factory mags should fit a little loose. IWI uses a goofy follower.
Well the mags that came with it have chipped and broken followers. So i think they are pretty cheaply made. Ive never seen a mag follower chip or break. So I will just get the CZ-75 mags instead. Im just trying to figure out what it would look like with a 12 or 14 round mag in it sticking out lol
Old 09-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroenen85 View Post
Well the mags that came with it have chipped and broken followers. So i think they are pretty cheaply made. Ive never seen a mag follower chip or break. So I will just get the CZ-75 mags instead. Im just trying to figure out what it would look like with a 12 or 14 round mag in it sticking out lol
I would try some 10 round CZ mags that are made for Mass, NY, etc. if you're going to be using the pistol regularly. My Compact Beretta has about 1" to 2" sticking out when I use 15 or 17 shot mags. On the range it's a non issue.a

Edit:

Never mind, I just remembered that Mass mags just use the same mag body as a regular mag.

Last edited by tk421992; 09-05-2015 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:34 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroenen85 View Post
Go to a local gun store and see if they will let you try one of the magazines. Some of the CZ 75 magazines don't work reliably in that pistol. I know that the sp 01 mags work better.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:59 PM
Trusted Comrade

Well Einheit I purchased some MEC-GAR CZ-75 12rd magazines before I saw your messsage. So hopefully they work. I cant wait to get some range time with it. This has been my dream pistol for years but never could find the steel frame model. Now just need to save up for my dream rifle SCAR 17. Its only $3K lol that will take me about 2 years to save up on my budget.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Soviet Steel Moderator

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?brand=911
Old 09-06-2015, 12:27 AM
Trusted Comrade

Yea i saw those. These factory mags I have feel cheap the walls are thin metal and the followers are broken so Im hoping the CZ mags are more realiable. If not then I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy the factory ones. Ive never had a pistol that factory mags were cheap crap. This is the exception i guess

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Soviet Steel Moderator

Don't forget that tangfoglio 95/EAA steel framed pistol mags should work too. Same for the TZ99 series from S. Africa. You should be able to make most of the CZ clone mags work, hopefully.
Old 09-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Trusted Comrade

Good news the MEC-GAR CZ 75 12rd magazines I purchased fit perfect and flush. They also cycle just fine. Just need some range time.