Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 12-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Question Radom world war 2 pistol

I just got a RADOM 9MM PISTOL from my brother, it was my dads,from the war,he brought it home.I was told it was made in a POLAND gun factory , under control of the germans.I dont know anything at all about this pistol,good or bad.I was hoping you guys could enlighten me a bit about this gun.A friend was VERY ANXIOUS to get his hands on this gun, dont know why.Is this pistol very collectable or what? whats its value,blueing isnt bad,in my opinion, machining was not top notch.It is in 9mm, looks like a colt 45.thanks for all feedback.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Trusted Comrade

Is this what you are referring to?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FB_Vis

Please post pics. I like pics.

Nazi marks are good. Does it have Nazi proof marks?
Old 12-04-2015, 07:38 PM

Default reply about radom

Yes, this looks like pistol,it has VS on the one side grip and FB on the other side grip,its 9mm single stack.I have shot it before and works reliably.I wonder how much its worth? I looked at sides of slide and not too much wearing but blueing is worn a little,probably holster wear,tiny pitting.thanks for this info.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Trusted Comrade

I am no expert when it comes to these pistols but from what I read and see IF the pistol is the "original 3 lever model" with Nazi marking as well they are going for between $1000 & $1500 depending upon condition. IF the pistol is the "mod-1" model without the 3 levers they go for less than half that amount. Again I'm not really up on these so perhaps someone else on this site can offer better info.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Trusted Comrade

Wow, would like to see some picks of that ol' girl. If it could talk....
Old 12-09-2015, 07:03 PM

Smile RADOM PISTOL INFO WANTED still

I dont know what you mean by 3 lever or single lever or whatever is other one? Not into these types of pistols, but am interested.The gun has pretty good blueing, but is rubbed.Where is the nazi eagle located at on gun? I saw a very small stamping on side of slide, that might be a nazi eagle, it was on left side of slide as your holding pistol with right hand.Considering its age,its in really good shape.I am older and dont know how to post pictures unfortunately.Are these still available around, or is it a special pistol, hard to find?My cousin brought back a MAUSER BROOMHANDLE MACHINE PISTOL from Vietnam,not sure what he did with it,never let me shoot it the dog.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Trusted Comrade

I have seen a few from time to time at gun shows. Have heard they are very good quality pistols. You may find small nazi stamps in various places. I have heard that there are a few that are very rare and worth a lot, but I am not sure what to look for. One example here:

http://shop.pre98.com/SOLD-ULTRA-RAR...-21-2014-5.htm

If you look at the pictures of the one in the above link you can see the small eagle with WaA77 markings...

Last edited by Echobradley; 12-12-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Trusted Comrade

I personally would keep it in the family, a neat part of history. Something like that would just increase in value over time.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:28 PM

Mine has a number on it , on right side , it looks like S 4056 with what looks like a tiny eagle ? On left side of slide there is only one line of writing, F.B. RADOM VIS mod. 35.Pat. Nr. 15567.with what looks like a tiny eagle.On left side is 3 levers,one on top slide , a long one on frame just forward of grip and a fat shorter slide behind grip.just before the FB there is a little eagle with a 77 below it.I am really interested in it, as I get into history of it.PLEASE SEND ANY INFO YOU HAVE ON THIS,I am thinking now it is a early model with this low number.Next to S on right side, the number I am taking for a 4 might not be a 4 but a slash or something?
Old 12-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Trusted Comrade

The 77 from what I read is a Waffenamt stamp. I found a good webpage with some good pictures of a Radom with markings.

http://ai4fr.com/main/page_militaria...any_radom.html

Last edited by Echobradley; 12-21-2015 at 12:02 AM.