Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 04-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Trusted Comrade

Default Polish 26.5mm flare pistol

I got my Polish flare pistol yesterday! Ive been looking online for accessories for it but cannot find any sort of cleaning brush, pistol holster or flare ammo pouch for the thing. I have seen package deals that come with the pistol but I already have one. If yall know of anywhere I can get those id rather not make my own. I'll upload some pics.

My buddy saw mine and now he wants one but he wants to use scope rings around the barrel and mount his under his AR like a traditional launcher lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2014, 11:28 PM
Trusted Comrade

Send a message via Yahoo to Wulfren

Did you get it through Centerfire?

BTW be mindful before you consider getting rid of it, that model actually a clone of the H&K version which is hard to find and more expensive than the rest.

Apex has some parts and cases, and you can find purpose made cleaning mops from companies that do reloadable 26.5mm cases.

One of the many good things about those is that they are robust enough to hold up to the KSW inserts (22 and 45/410). Plus if you get creative you can have it shoot up to something like 23 different calibers. (look up short lane adapters & it will make sense)

Congratulations on the purchase, it really was a killer deal. Sadly enough my order didn't get through in time (expletives deleted). I did however order a Polish 11, which is similar but w/o a trigger guard.

I will have one of these. They are too cool not to have, especially for the coin

Below are photo's (i hope) of the modded version I saw a guy do over @ Grog's forum.

I still say he was inspired to do it so well.

Last thought, if you want it for more than just smoke & flares, consider BP reloading. It's relatively inexpensive and the options for what you can do (legally) are impressive. THen if you do the $5 AOW the other options are killer. (forgive the pun)

Full thread can be seen here.

http://grog101.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4836

Wulf

Bellum para, pro pace ora.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfren View Post
Did you get it through Centerfire?

BTW be mindful before you consider getting rid of it, that model actually a clone of the H&K version which is hard to find and more expensive than the rest.

Apex has some parts and cases, and you can find purpose made cleaning mops from companies that do reloadable 26.5mm cases.

One of the many good things about those is that they are robust enough to hold up to the KSW inserts (22 and 45/410). Plus if you get creative you can have it shoot up to something like 23 different calibers. (look up short lane adapters & it will make sense)

Congratulations on the purchase, it really was a killer deal. Sadly enough my order didn't get through in time (expletives deleted). I did however order a Polish 11, which is similar but w/o a trigger guard.

I will have one of these. They are too cool not to have, especially for the coin

Below are photo's (i hope) of the modded version I saw a guy do over @ Grog's forum.

I still say he was inspired to do it so well.

Last thought, if you want it for more than just smoke & flares, consider BP reloading. It's relatively inexpensive and the options for what you can do (legally) are impressive. THen if you do the $5 AOW the other options are killer. (forgive the pun)

Full thread can be seen here.

http://grog101.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4836

Wulf
I think I am inspired as well! That thing looks awesome. Especially fired from the ak.

-Hungarian AMD 65- Bulgarian AK-74 -1895 Nagant Revolver-
Old 04-30-2014, 12:15 AM

As for "Holsters" try here:

https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...cSale=&IDSale=

If the link won't work - go to liberty tree collectors.com and search "flare"

I have the polish "case" it will hold the Radom Flare pistol without the trigger guard and 13 of the shorter 3" Flares. (there are no provisions for carrying the longer smoke / parachute flares.

The Case looks like it would accommodate the pistol you purchased but I could not be certain without test fitting. As for the Czech case it appears to be able to hold 5 of the longer flares on the back side and 3 short ones in front but looks like the trigger guard might be a no-go?

As for brushes and swabs I have only seen as a kit with gun.....

Best
Old 05-28-2014, 12:42 AM

Default 26.5mm Flares (Ammo)

FWIW - best deal I have come across on flares is from Dan's Sporting Goods in Apollo, PA.

http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp
or call: 724-727-2648

Also some neat rocket powered flares at UN AMMO - but $$

http://unammo.com/#FlareAndOrdnance
Old 06-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Trusted Comrade

Dude, depending on shipping that is a really good deal on the flares, cheapest I've seen was about $5.00 per before shipping.

Once you get a decent flare adapter the 12ga marine flares can be a cheaper alternative.

I am honestly considering trying to AOW one of these that I have just to have more options. But if you'll look around there are some very good quality reloading parts avail for the 26.5mm

I have to admit, the 37mm and 26.5mm is a bit of a guilty pleasure/weakness I have. For whatever reason I love the 40mm both in UBL and stand alone style. I realize I"m not going to pay the money for one of those, so the "flare" launchers is an economical (and vastly entertaining) way I can get close to what I want. But what i've learned is that aside from the pre packaged stuff you can buy. There is a great sense of satisfaction in loading your own rounds, even if its just a chalk round. The fact that you can make them yourself is awesome.

BTW the Circle 11 version I was talking about is actually in stock @ APEX. As bad as I hate to admit it, its made MUCH heavier/sturdier than the H&K clone. I have only heard of a couple different launchers in history that are safe to load up to max pressure. One being the RZ85 (rifle) and the other being this style pistol

https://www.apexgunparts.com/advance...26.5mm&x=0&y=0

BTW tell your friend he'll need 30mm rings, and that it fits like a glove!

Wulf

Old 06-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Trusted Comrade

the flare pistol I received was the HK clone but had the circle 11 stamp on it. I am considering loading it in my bag with a .22 and .410 adapter with ammo. But IDK I already have a scoped ruger mk2 packed in my bug out bag with a brick off ammo.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:27 AM
Trusted Comrade

These things have a place, but you have to have it stocked/equipped properly. Basically you can think of them like a modern day Blunderbuss. (assuming you get enough adapters) You can shoot any number of pistol and some rifle calibers in it. That is in addition to all the various loads you can make for it.

I cant see in any way how a base launcher w/ a 22 & .410 adapter could ever replace a Mk2, but if you had the room it could compliment it.

Another thought for it, is if you look up Dave Canterbury of Pathfinder School, on Youtube, he did a very in depth set of video's of the vast adaptability of a single shot .12ga, and once you get the right adapter you'd have the same options

Just food for thought

Wulf

Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Trusted Comrade

Yea I have seen all of daves videos. Only reason I considered it was because .410 is more useful against medium sized game and birds. You cannot fire 12g birdshot or buckshot out of that thing without breaking your wrist unless your mount it to a rifle and then im not sure the mount could withstand it. I will probably just keep my mk2 in my pack.