Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 AM

Default P-64/P-83 - what spare parts to have on hand?

Looking to some of you folks with more experience.....
I have a P-64, P-83 and am looking to pick up a CZ82 in the next 6 months.

To date, I have had no problems with either of these 9X18 pistols and I would like to keep it that way. However I realize these are mechanical things and while I take very good care of them...parts do wear and sometimes break.
What spare parts would be good to have on hand - I plan on continuing to shoot these on a regular basis....
I was thinking at least an extra firing pin & spring, & an extractor, what else?? are there certain springs I should look at having? or other hard parts?

Thanks in advance
Todds SS
Old 03-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Trusted Comrade

I think all of those pistols are still going for under $250. Could try buying whole pistols as parts donors.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM

For the P64, there is a seller on GB that has new old stock parts. One thing I got was the trigger guard. Seen some people on the net break the guard.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Trusted Comrade

I just picked up a P-64 and I am very happy with this gun and the craftsmanship. I will be buying another one soon. And some spare parts just in case.

-Hungarian AMD 65- Bulgarian AK-74 -1895 Nagant Revolver-
Old 05-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouletteTactical View Post
I just picked up a P-64 and I am very happy with this gun and the craftsmanship. I will be buying another one soon. And some spare parts just in case.
Spare parts, for the P-83, seem pretty tough to find...I am finding this out.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Trusted Comrade

Besides changing out the recoil spring and hammer spring for Wolff replacements, the trigger guard pin is the only part I had to replace. It broke while at the range on the second time I had the pistol out for practice.
It seems all P-64 parts are hard to find. I had to use a 5/32 roller pin from an assortment I bought at Harbor Freight. It works fine just a tad bit more difficult to pull the trigger guard down for dis-assembly. I'm still looking for the dumb-bell shaped original pin,however, the roller pin will work until I find one.

One additional note: If you change your recoil Spring for a Wolff recoil spring Wolff will send you in the same package a firing pin spring. One more spare part in the SP bin.
Peter Ivonovich Shuvalov improved the Russian artillery. He invented a special canister-shooting gun with an oval bore, called the "secret howitzer", and was the founder of the factory city of Izhevsk

Last edited by Secret Howitzer Corps; 09-08-2015 at 09:00 PM.