Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 PM

Default My P64, pics

Here is my P64 Radom, 1973. It's a beautiful little piece, very comfortable to grip. I was surprised how nicely it fit even in my big hands. (It hasn't been cleaned since I got back from the range a few minutes ago, so forgive her looking a little dirty).

Fired it at the range today...I was shocked how accurate it was. Attached is a photo of the first 6-shot grouping at 50 yards, no wind. I used a .22 hole as my aim point, 2 seconds between shots max.

As for firing, I really liked the light trigger pull on the single action shots. It's got a lot more 'kick' than the Makarov, but I found that my letting it glide on its own through the recoil, it settled perfectly back into my original aim point. The only other pistol I have with that kind of natural balance, for me anyway, is my S&W 5906.

The only drawback to this pistol is the lack of an easy access magazine release. Other than that, I love this pistol!!!

Red
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P64 Radom 6-Shot Group at 50yds.JPG (30.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P64 Radom 1973.jpg (65.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg P64 Radom_2 1973.jpg (71.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Trusted Comrade

Very nice accuracy and I am glad you like it. Nice groups.

-Hungarian AMD 65- Bulgarian AK-74 -1895 Nagant Revolver-