Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Polish Pistols (P-64, Vanad, etc.)

Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Default Polish PPS-43C

Anybody have a Polish PPS-43C pistol? I just picked one up today and don't see it listed anywhere here. Is this considered a "Soviet Steel" firearm?
Old 06-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Trusted Comrade

It would probably go under "other soviet rifles" or "soviet submachine guns and machine pistols"...and yea my old man has one. They are a ton of fun.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:48 PM

Ah. Well, it's not a rifle, but a handgun. But I didn't see the category for "Soviet Machine Guns, Submachineguns, and Machine Pistols". I was looking in the "handguns" section, since that's what it is. But that's probably the right place. Sorry. An admin can delete this, if they want, or move it over there.

Thanks for the response.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Trusted Comrade

Yea you are right...I keep forgetting about the stock being welded in the folded position. Pistol it is.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:15 PM

It's a heavy bugger for a pistol, though. 6 pounds, I think. I'm considering freeing the welded stock and making it an SBR.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:10 AM
Trusted Comrade

I have one. I would not bother doing the SBR. That was my intent when purchasing the thing too. It is not a reliable firearm by any means. It was never meant to be fired from the closed bolt and has major feeding and ejecting issues. Dont get me wrong it is a fun little gun but far from reliable. You will have tons of light primer strikes, failure to eject is a big one and then you will have failure to feed once you end up with 2 or 3 empty brass floating around under your bolt by your hammer. Also it is a very dirty gun you will have black carbon all over you after firing a few mags. fun range toy but I would not trust my life with it. In fact im waiting for the day it blows up in my hands do to all the issues these have.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:51 AM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_22 View Post
It's a heavy bugger for a pistol, though. 6 pounds, I think. I'm considering freeing the welded stock and making it an SBR.
It's only a pistol because of our gun laws. For all other intents and purposes, it is most definitely not a pistol. You ain't IWBing a PPS-43...

If you want to do a SBR project, a Vz. 61 Skorpion would be another good option or a 7.62x25 AR pistol. I'd buy one of those and SBR those before I worked on a PPS-43.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk421992 View Post
It's only a pistol because of our gun laws. For all other intents and purposes, it is most definitely not a pistol. You ain't IWBing a PPS-43...

If you want to do a SBR project, a Vz. 61 Skorpion would be another good option or a 7.62x25 AR pistol. I'd buy one of those and SBR those before I worked on a PPS-43.
Haha, true that. My AK-47 "pistol" is much of the same. Stupid gun laws anyway. Just stupid rules that don't help anything--rules for the sake of rules. And they want to pass more of these? Fools.

I've seen Skorpions, but I thought they were .32's. I'm tapped out for gun cash now, but I'll check 'em out! Thanks.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_22 View Post
Haha, true that. My AK-47 "pistol" is much of the same. Stupid gun laws anyway. Just stupid rules that don't help anything--rules for the sake of rules. And they want to pass more of these? Fools.

I've seen Skorpions, but I thought they were .32's. I'm tapped out for gun cash now, but I'll check 'em out! Thanks.
The Czech military Skorpions are .32ACP. Czechpoint, a company that imports brand new Skorpions from the Czech Republic, sells them in .32 and .380. I'd go with the .32 because it's more "authentic" and would have less recoil. You can also get a Skorpion lower and build yourself a SBR.

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/sa-vz61-scorpions

The .32:

The .380:

Old 12-31-2017, 11:00 AM

I recently traded my PPS-43C for an Ak I wanted more. I never had any reliability problems with it. From the beginning it was entirely to heavy to fire like a handgun, in fact I needed 2 hands to hold it high enough to use the sights - then I couldn't get a proper sight picture. I ended up carefully removing the folding stock to lighten it. I used nice looking plastic plugs for the holes. I also installed a laser sight below the barrel with a pressure switch on the grip. This would have been very effective in low light - but invisible in daylight. I had not even looked at it in quite awhile, when I began trying to figure out what I had to trade. My plans to SBR it had evaporated, & I made a very good trade with it. fortunately still had the box sling mag pouch & etc.

** I have a complete folding stock kit with the missing parts needed to go SBR with one. I'd take $45. delivered if anyone wants it.