Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Tokarev TT

Old 10-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Default Tokarev rubberized grip replacement.

I am looking for some rubberized tokarev grips to negate some of the recoil impulse to my hands. I have a lot of pain in my hands but I love shooting my tokarev. I have not had much luck finding a current grip of this type. Ive found a lot of out of date sale posts from a few of the gun auction sites. Can anyone help me find a current rubberized grip for my tokarev? Its an Yugo M57 btw. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Trusted Comrade

Marschal is the guy you want to get in touch with for custom grips for European pistols. I don't believe he offers rubber grips, but he might make you some if you ask. Also, a well-fitting wood grip might work just well. The standard Tokarev grips are a poor 1-size-fits-all-hands set up. I like them personally but I'm just one guy.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/

Like I said, I'm not sure if he offers rubber grips off the peg, but I'd definitely get in touch with him.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:00 PM

I will email him about a set.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:01 PM

Has anyone tried DIYing a rubberized grip? Would an old Hogue for a 1911 pistol work?
Old 10-09-2014, 03:39 AM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallow View Post
Has anyone tried DIYing a rubberized grip? Would an old Hogue for a 1911 pistol work?
A guy on here did use the Hogue wrap around, slide on grip on his Tokarev before. Try using the search function, Hogue isn't a word we use on here often.

1911 grips won't work on a M57 because 1911 grips are held in place by two screws and M57 grips are held on by two pivoting pieces of steel on the backside of the grip. You'd have to take the back parts off a M57 grip and put them on a 1911 grip.

Like I said, custom wood grips will probably be better. I once asked about rubber vs. wood grips on a S&W 29 .44 Magnum and most guys I asked said the wood ones work just as well as long as they fit your hands.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:18 PM

Old thread but Razor Arms makes rubber Tokarev grips. Very good quality.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:53 AM

I've thought about making a slip-on grip from a suitable piece of radiator-hose.
It might turn out too fat, or have some other fit issues, but I won't know until I try.

Happy Motoring, Mark
Old 01-20-2018, 06:15 PM

I did the Razor grip on my M57. It makes shooting him a joy. It took a couple of emails back and forth to get an exact fit.
How to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YU0JY99cBYk
Linky: www.razorarms.com

Last edited by BeoBill; 01-20-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
I did the Razor grip on my M57. It makes shooting him a joy. It took a couple of emails back and forth to get an exact fit.
How to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YU0JY99cBYk
Linky: www.razorarms.com
Wow, what a transformation on that pistol! Man, I had a chance to buy one of those guns once, and I damn sure wish I would have. I passed on it due to the caliber.

Anyways, those grips make that gun not only look good, but I bet it feels much better in the hand as well.