Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Makarov PM (Pistolet Makarova)

Old 01-03-2018, 03:30 AM

Default Makarov Extended Magazine Base Plates and other stuff

Hello Gents,
My name is Slav and I'm one of the Co-Founders of BHSpringSolutions.
Initially we started servicing Browning Hi-Power and 1911 guns, but naturally, probably because of my "warm feelings" towards the Mak (was my service side arm during my army service), we included it in our portfolio as well.
At the moment we offer Spring Kits, Masters Grips and Extended Magazine Base Plates for the Makarov Pistol. The spring kits are kind of a must when one is buying a surplus gun, as the history of the weapon is often way too shady and there is no way to know what's wrong and what's right with the piece.
The extended mag plates are nice addition to the ergonomics of the gun. It becomes more controllable and the added point of rest for the pinky is a good thing when dealing with fixed barrel recoil. A plus of course is the increasing of the bad-ass level of the looks . At the moment we still have a small batch of those and the back-order time will be 2-3 weeks.
There is no way to explain the feel of the shellac finished walnut grips, manufactured with the finger rests for index finger and thumb. When complimented with the extended mag plate, those are turning the already comfortable Makarov to an extension of your arm.
You can find our Mak products here:
https://bhspringsolutions.com/101-makarov-pistol

I'd like to apologize to the Mods and Admins if this thread violates the forum rules in some way. If this is the case, please remove it or PM me in order to do what's needed.

Old 01-05-2018, 02:07 PM

I use BH Springs in the pistols I own that they make them for (Makarov, Feg Hi Power, & 1911) I have noticed a definite improvement over all others I have tried. These guys are excellent sellers, have great sales, + juicy goodies. Highly recommend them.