Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Rifle Discussion > SKS (Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova)

Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Founding Member

Yes, been there many times.

I am in my mid 50s now... and I am frequently wondering if I should keep adding things, as one day I will need to sell it off... But boy do you hate to give up too early.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post

I am in my mid 50s now... and I am frequently wondering if I should keep adding things, as one day I will need to sell it off... But boy do you hate to give up too early.
I hear ya. But its all good. Gotta share. If all the SKS' wind up in our safes, a new generation will not appreciate them because they never got to afford to buy them. 20-30 years from now, when I want to liquidate my collection, there wont be demand for it.

I recall the comic book collector who had a few copies of valuable comics like the first few Spidermans, X-men, Fantastic Four, etc. He wished he could get into a time machine and buy them all up. But then he realized that, if he did, those early comics would not have had the chance to build up the fan base that made them desired classics that made them so valuable 20-30-40 years later.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Trusted Comrade

Yeah, I have done that routine before, and yeah I drove home pissed.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post

I'm 61 and still adding...but I've admittedly become more selective as I've gotten older. All my acquisition are now made with an eye towards passing it on to the kids and grandkids. And those items that don't qualify are getting sold.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Trusted Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteter View Post
I'm 61 and still adding...but I've admittedly become more selective as I've gotten older. All my acquisition are now made with an eye towards passing it on to the kids and grandkids. And those items that don't qualify are getting sold.
Yeah, I tend to think more that way too, and I'm only 52.