Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS

Go Back   Soviet-Steel.com - Discussion forum dedicated to ComBloc firearms, especially AK-47 and SKS > Soviet Handgun Discussion > Makarov PM (Pistolet Makarova)

Old 01-27-2017, 09:22 PM

Default 1961 East German Makarov

Hi all,

I was hoping to get some help. I have come across 1961 East German Makarov that is a C.A.I import pistol in really great condition. I am trying to get an idea of what its value might be. The examples i find online have asking prices of around $650. That seems a bit high however I am not an expert on these. The one I have at the moment is a Bulgarian which is a lot of fun. I know the East German version is more rare and more of a collector piece. Is the East German version worth the asking price?

Thank you for your time.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:15 PM

If you're simply looking for a functional Mak, it's hard to justify $650 for an East German when you can buy Bulgarians all day long for around $200.

If you're looking for a collectible that will go up on value over the years, then East German or Russian is the way to go. But, that being said, $650 seems awfully high.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Founding Member

If you work the floors at a gun show (in Ohio) you can find East German examples for around $400-500.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopguy View Post
If you work the floors at a gun show (in Ohio) you can find East German examples for around $400-500.
In my part of the world (East Tn) $400-500 when you find one at a show seems to be to goind selling price for average EG Maks, nicer ones with holster and 2 matching mags will bring a little more than $500. Asking prices are higher and that's a reflection of what people are seeing them for on Gunbroker and other auction sites.